I am banging my head against the wall here. A few days ago, I opened a copy of my resume and word went nuts.

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros."

Fortunately for me, Word still, in fact, opens as soon as I click off the awful error message box, but it's more than a little annoying and quite obvious that something is broken.

To save on time, I have made a few new installs over the last few days - several avi to mpeg video converters, a game called PuzzleInlay and Audacity. I set a system restore point before each of these (because i am freakin paranoid) so I'm able to roll back if that is the solution and, because it has been asked in a few other threads i've read on this subject at various locations, I run Windows Live One Care for anti-virus. I have been since it was in beta with no issues.

Thanks a lot for your time and any help at all is appreciated.

This sounds like one of the following:

- A power glitch or other disturbance damaged your file.

- A virus (maybe included with one of the games) infected the file.

- A Word or Windows upgrade detected a problem which already existed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.