Ok i have a problem that is makin me very mad :mad: it seems that in the attempt to fix a computer that i was hoping to purchase off a co-worker that i had downloaded an windows XP OS and then i can not figure out how to remove the other OS because its killing comp and it does not work n e way PLZ someone help me

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There are a couple of ways to go about this. One would be to use a utility like Partition magic to remove it. The second is the easiest, either reformat or wipe the drive with something like Wipe Drive, partition the hdd and reinstall the OS.

Kill Disk has a free download and will do the job.

The easiest way to do this and at no cost is to use the windows you downloaded im assuming you burnt it to disk? if you didn't you need to do so and boot to it when windows xp searches the hard disk it will say windows already there and it will give you options plz read everything and delete the partition then install windows. You have numerous problems installing windows with older versions cause two os's cannot occupy the same partition. Upgrading is ok but comes with it problems as well.

http://jokeonlinesite.com/hoax/aprilfool.html Do u no a fast way to do the hard drive removal for free beacause whipe drive cost money n thats wat i didnt wanna have to do i wanna keep this money free

WTF? Wiping a drive doesnt cost money. Stick in the xp cd and when its in the blue screen phase delete any existing partitions then just make and format a new one.

And also please dont speak about piracy here. Piracy is bad and will get you in trouble.

WTF? Wiping a drive doesnt cost money. Stick in the xp cd and when its in the blue screen phase delete any existing partitions then just make and format a new one.

And also please dont speak about piracy here. Piracy is bad and will get you in trouble.

Well he was the one said he downloaded it and also he didn't say the source. I appoligize if i insinuated I promoted piracy I don't of approve of piracy. I'm new to forums and will keep you advice close at hand.
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.