Hi,

I am getting error when i am installing Sql Express 2005 on Vista Machine.

I am getting error message like this "Microsoft Express service Can not be started.Installation Aborted."

Even i have checked the Log file on "d:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\summery.txt" in that also it has given the error like this:-

Machine : ADMIN10
Product : SQL Server Database Services
Error : The SQL Server service failed to start. For more information, see the SQL Server Books Online topics, "How to: View SQL Server 2005 Setup Log Files" and "Starting SQL Server Manually."

hardware Configuratrion of vista machine this:-
AMD athlon Processor(tm) 3000 + 1.80 Ghz.
Ram :- 512
System type :- 32 bit operating system.

please let us know how to resolve this issue.

Reply from the earliest is kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

By,
Virendra

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

what version of vista do you have ? I'm using Home Premium and SQL Server Express installed and starts without any problem. I also have VC++ 2005 Express, but don't know if that is a prerequisit to the sql server.

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have Vista Enterprice edition.

I am installing Sql Express 2005 through Command line parameters from the Application.It is working on all OS except Vista.

Actually the message is i have putted in our Program if their is any problem in installing Sql express 2005.

I have doubt that is Vista need 1Gb RAM for installing SQL express 2005.

But if i am installing SQl express 2005 externally i.e. SQLEXPR.EXE then it able to install.

is their any special command line parameters for Vista?

Thanks and regards,
Virendra Tank

For it to work under vista you need the SP1 version of SQL Express, not the original one (both are on ms site)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.