Ok a couple days ago I went to change my cursor from original to 3d grey, so I go to the control panel printers and other hardward mouse, pointers and It said there was nothing there, stay tuned.......so I didn't pay much attention to It cause It wasn't that big of a deal, I go to use the calculator and It wasn't there, no big deal really. Then I go to play a game like solitare, as im sure you can guess, not there. So I throw in my Windows disc and try to put the items back on and i started the installation and for every item i wanted on there it said "error reading spider.exe" or something along those lines. Yes I tried cleaning my disc and all that. Is there a place I can download all these items?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Magicboi8

since you have lot of things missing why dont you try doing a repair installation of windows using the disc.
if you suspect sometinhg to be wrong with the disc as well than i would suggest copying the i386 folder from the cd to HDD and than running winnt32 from the i386 folder on HDD to perform an inplace upgrade

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.