I just downloaded the latest version of AIM, making the switch from Trillian. I like it enough where I am going to keep using it but it does something really annoying and that is it opens all links in IE when I click them in an IM window. How do I make the links open in Firefox? It worked fine when I was using trillian but now it won't.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

AOL has always had a thing for Internet Explorer. I'm not sure this is possible. Do you currently have FireFox set as your default browser?

Yea I went into "Set Program Access and Defaults" and set it to default and it still does it.

Try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it now that you have AIM already installed and then setting Firefox as your default like you did before. I have no idea how that helps, but all my links open up on Firefox now.

Welcome to Daniweb,i dunno if he is still having this issue but if he is maybe this will help :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.