Hi I was surfig some bulletin boards last night no biggie when all a sudden my internet explorer and AOL droped the conection and since I have tried everything to get my internet to work again but it won't my ICQ works and is conected so is Sype but I had to come online on my laptop to send this becuase I can't get into aol or IE please help I am running Windows XP on my desk top and I can't download any fixes since it's won't connect so maybe someone here can tell m what I can do to fix this problem

Thanks in advance to every one who helps out

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I had a failure at about the same time. It was internet-related. I don't know what went down, but two hours later, it was all back.

The first thing I would check for if it is still doing it is viruses and spyware.

if ICQ is online and everything else isn't, it's a dns problem
call your ISP and ask them to direct you to manually set up their dns addresses

You maky also check is the same issue persists in safe mode with networking. If its working in safe mode with nettworking than you need to do a clean boot using msconfig

Supposing it does than see below. And if all this cound too complicated than -start-run-cmd-sfc /scannow

1. If using IE 7 :
uninstall from add/remove programs and also
start-run-c:\windows\IE7\spuninst\spuninst.exe

2. If using IE6 than try re-registering all your IE dll files.Create a batch file for the following
To create a batch file-open a note pad-copy and paste the below menitioned commands and while saving set save as all file types and save the notepad as ie.bat and after saving it on ur desktop double click on the file

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 schannel.dll
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 shell32.dll

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.