TheBouncer2006 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone.

I have worked with Windows for a number of years however I want to take my knowledge to the next level and do not know the best approach let me explain.

I recently got a book "Rootkits subverting the windows Kernel"
I got this book because my best skill is troubleshooting software and removing malicious files, viruses etc.. I wanted to increase my skills.

:-O However here is the problem the book goes into Assembly language with the device drivers and windows device driver development SDK's

I know nothing of assembly or any programming language. Do I need to pick an easy to learn language such as Python or something before I get into assembly or is Assembly a good starting point ? :-/

Where I am headed long term is I want to become eventually CEH & LPT certified and specialize in I.T. security. It seems that certification deals a lot with Linux, Assembly, Bash, Scripting etc.. So what would be a good way to go about this ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.