Any help here would be greatly appreciated. When I started my hp ze1115 laptop yesterday, it seemed to be starting normally and then stopped. It posted a screen as follows:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down...and so on giving me options to start in safe mode etc, at a previous setting, and normally. It would then automatically recycle with the same result. I tried all the options it listed without any change in result. I noticed a blue screen with writing and finally got it to stop. I'm not sure why the screen was stationary but I had opened the CD drive. The screen said the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut
down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturere for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCC31001,0x0000001, 0x806572E2, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I haven't added any hardware lately, and have only installed a system mechanic software lately and that was several weeks ago. I use it only to check email, and surf the internet, read online news. It isn't overtaxed in other words, no memory zapping games etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will need detailed instructions. Thanks again.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you will need to uninstall and reinstall your video driver.

I looked on HP site and couldn't find one.

Use this if you can get it to boot and see who makes the video chip.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siw.html

got to manufactures site and download then follow below.

Go to start - control panel - performance and maintenance - system click the + next to display adaptors right click your adaptor and click uninstall.Reboot

once windows boots if it start installing driver cancel.use the driver you downloaded and reinstall.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. When I started my hp ze1115 laptop yesterday, it seemed to be starting normally and then stopped. It posted a screen as follows:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down...and so on giving me options to start in safe mode etc, at a previous setting, and normally. It would then automatically recycle with the same result. I tried all the options it listed without any change in result. I noticed a blue screen with writing and finally got it to stop. I'm not sure why the screen was stationary but I had opened the CD drive. The screen said the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut
down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturere for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xCC31001,0x0000001, 0x806572E2, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I haven't added any hardware lately, and have only installed a system mechanic software lately and that was several weeks ago. I use it only to check email, and surf the internet, read online news. It isn't overtaxed in other words, no memory zapping games etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will need detailed instructions. Thanks again.

Thanks. I haven't been able to get the laptop to boot to the desktop, any help there? Can I uninstall the video driver without getting to the windows desktop?

Try booting in safe mode F8 as it is booting.

This sounds like bad ram or a damaged install.

It could also be because you have a bootable disk in a removable drive which is not a Windows disk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.