I have purchased a new laptop (Toshiba) with Windows vista home basic. But the pc is shutting down unexpectedly. whenever i am putting a cd or dvd in the dvd drive the computer is shutting down. Pl suggest me the remedy.

Thnaks in advance

Regards,
Ravi

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

What sort of specs does you new machine have?

The specs of my laptop are as follows:

1. Make : Toshiba
  2. Model : Satellite A100-784
  3. Memory : 0.99GM RAM
  4. Processor : Intel Core Duo T2250 @ 1.73GHz
  5. VRAM : 128MB
  6. DVD read / write

I presume that these details are sufficient. Kindly help me as I am unable to work on my PC.

Regards,
Ravi

I once had that same problem, see if you or a tech could take out the cd/ dvd rom fisically of the laptop and see if it turns off. if it doesn't thats your problem, change it. if your problem don't get fix take back to the store let the warranty take care of.

I once had that same problem, see if you or a tech could take out the cd/ dvd rom fisically of the laptop and see if it turns off. if it doesn't thats your problem, change it. if your problem don't get fix take back to the store let the warranty take care of.

Do you realize you just gave advise to a 2 1/2 year old thread.
Don't you noob's read.

i had hp laptop with vista os, i dont have drivers cd , so how do i install drivers when i format my laptop

i had hp laptop with vista os, i dont have drivers cd , so how do i install drivers when i format my laptop

Did your laptop come with inbuilt OS, if that is the case you'll be having back up manual (or) you can download it from the HP official website also. It'll guide you how to make your system restore. you need not to install a fresh copy of OS. It may lead to some other problems. Let me know the complete configuration and model of your laptop so that i can tell you exactly what to do...and i can get a manual how to backup/restore your laptop

Old thread I know...

Don't you think that if the OP was to (Psychically) remove the DVD from the machine that he would void his warranty?

I think you have a hardware problem. Check you Motherboard cooling fan.

whats going on with all the one time dumb post anyway,they are everywher on daniweb lately !!
,some third world country just get the internet or what !

Don't knock 3rd world countries, I live in one... lol.
Just as a matter of interest, What is a 2nd world country?
My PC will not answer me I saw the keyboard upside down, should the keys be up or down side up. lol

hi..

i sujjest to you... if your laptop in warrenty ..... plz claim warrenty .to company....

The specs of my laptop are as follows:

1. Make : Toshiba
  2. Model : Satellite A100-784
  3. Memory : 0.99GM RAM
  4. Processor : Intel Core Duo T2250 @ 1.73GHz
  5. VRAM : 128MB
  6. DVD read / write

I presume that these details are sufficient. Kindly help me as I am unable to work on my PC.

Regards,
Ravi

hi..

i sujjest to you... if your laptop in warrenty ..... plz claim warrenty .to company....

post was ,made May 11th, 2007, if it was under warranty it isn't any more !

What is a 2nd world country?
lol

Me, O'Canada , 2nd to the lords below,lol

i had the same problem. i opened my laptop and found that cpu fan was not working and there was a lot of dirt i removed it and then tried switching on but it wont boot and screen was off. so i removed one ram module from it and it started running v fine now. no probs till now.

how to set boot mode from UEFI boot to CSM boot of toshiba setillite C850-F0070 in order to install window 7 to my taptop, please help me coz i have a problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.