ok i have shareaza and the downloads are going slow i was wondering if there was a way to get more bandwidth to be used by shareaza.
i have tried port forwarding gnutella, ed2k, and bit torrent
are there any specific ports for shareaza.

www.geocities.com/willbill23045

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ISDN 64 kbps
v.90 56 kbps
v.34 33.6 kbps
v.32bis 14.4 kbps
my speed 544 kbps or 66.7 Kbytes ps

Hello,

I assume you are on a cable modem or a DSL. Moving stuff upstream at that rate is pretty good (66.7 Kbytes/sec). A lot of ISP's throttle back the uploads, as they do not want their customers (YOU!) to be running a server on their line and making a profit. That means you qualify for their business packages... and that will cost some.

Be careful that you do not cause a concern due to heavy traffic. It is very very easy for the ISP to monitor how much traffic you generate, and sniff it out.

But technically, you can try to port manipulate as much as you want. It is still the same NIC card, and I bet that will remain your bottleneck. You could always ask the cable company for a second cable modem, and then throw a second NIC card in the server....

Christian

thanks then i guess there is nothing much that i can do

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.