I have a problem with the display....It used to run on 256 colors but now that I ran a windows 98 update SE the only two options that I have now are 16 colors and 2 colors.. This is really anoying because every think looks like crap!! Does anyone know What I can do to make the display run on 256 colors again!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello Cliffman.

Windows 98 dose not have many drivers built into the system as Windows 2000 and Windows XP dose. So your grahics card driver may not be installed. If you have the disk just put it in and install it, If you do not have the disk just go to the Manufactures website and they should have the Driver to download for free

Let me know if this helps.
TJ

how can I find out the manufacturer, do I have to talk to take the graphics card out and look at it?

yes you will have to look at it to fidn the model and manufacture. So yea you will have to open up the computer.

let me know if you need any more help.
TJ

Thanks man!! I'll try it later when I get home!!

I found out that I have an s3 virge/gx2 86c357 agp video card I tried getting the drivers and I downloaded this program called regcure. the only problem im having now is every thing I see in the screen is so big with the 16 color setup that I have right now that I cant even scroll down to hit the scan repair button and almost every thing I choose from google redirects me to this..........????

yes you will have to look at it to fidn the model and manufacture. So yea you will have to open up the computer.

let me know if you need any more help.
TJ

I found out that I have an s3 virge/gx2 86c357 agp video card I tried getting the drivers and I downloaded this program called regcure. the only problem im having now is every thing I see in the screen is so big with the 16 color setup that I have right now that I cant even scroll down to hit the scan repair button and almost every thing I choose from google redirects me to this..........????

Check and post here your Display Adapters listed in the Device Manager.

I fiqured it out thanks anyways!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.