Hi

Can anyone help me please?

My Volume controls have dissapeared, when accessing them via programs>>>Accessories>>>Entertainment>>>Volume Control... It comes up with the message NO ACTIVE MIXER DEVICES. It then asks me to add new hardware, which i do, then asks me to install software, which i have none.

Please can anyone help me???

Andrew :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

What make/model of sound card do you have? You might be able to download the software for it from the manufacturer's website.

Right-click on My Computer and in the menu that pops up go to Properties->Hardware->Device Manager. Do you see any red "X"s or yellow exclamation points next to any of your sound devices?

What make/model of sound card do you have? You might be able to download the software for it from the manufacturer's website.

Right-click on My Computer and in the menu that pops up go to Properties->Hardware->Device Manager. Do you see any red "X"s or yellow exclamation points next to any of your sound devices?

Hi there

Thanks for your reply..

There is a yellow explanation mark next to other devices. Multimedia Audio Controller, properties says that device is working correctly, but still no sound, tried to updaste driver, but cant find any updates on the internet.

What shall i do?? Any ideas?

Identify the soundcard! You won't find a driver until you are actually looking for one for the specific device you have there.

If it's a Branded PC with onboard sound, check the manufacturer's website for the make/model number of your system.

If it's a 'white box' PC with onboard sound, check the manufacturer's webite for the make/model number of your motherboard.

If it's an 'add-in' soundcard, check the manufacturer's website for the make/model number of the soundcard.

By the way, if you need to identify the motherboard or add-in card, you won't be able to do so unless you open the system case and have a look at the information printed on them ;)

Hi All

Thanks for your help, I deleted the sound card and then put the restore cd in and got it back.

Thanks again

Andrew

You're welcome- glad we could help. :)

Are you sure that did the trick? If so, we'll mark this thread as "solved"

You're welcome- glad we could help. :)

Are you sure that did the trick? If so, we'll mark this thread as "solved"

Yeah, All fine & dandy know.

:cheesy:

Right then, thanks for the follow-up!

I am having the same problem "no active mixer devices". Have re-installed my Crystal Audio drivers on my Dell laptop many many times (sometimes that fixes it for a little while). Have also re-intalled Win 2K a couple of times. Decided that it was a hardware issue but it always recovers on a Win 2K re-install. I am starting to think that it has something to do with a conflict that occurs with Norton SystemWorks 2004. I think that maybe one of the Live Updates causes the problem. It seems as though that is when it starts to occur each time that I re-install Win 2K. I have tried to find a hook at the Symantec site but to no avail. Does this correlate to anyone else's experience?

Hi Smith555,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk!

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

DMR:

I would love to comply with your wish but alas I find it difficult to understand just how to create a new thread ... any helpful direction from you or anyone else has would be greatly appreciated.

Smith555

Hi Smith555,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk!

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Locate the forum section which suits your question. (This one in your case.) Bring up the forum section index page, where the list of topics appears.

Locate the 'New Thread' button and click on it. Give your topic a descriptive title, type your question in and then click on the 'Submit' button underneath the text entry box when you're happy with what you're posting/

That's about it :D

Thanks Cat - Done!
See new thread: "There are no active mixer devices available"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.