my old VAIO SR7K was having a problem with the ALPS trackpad. i'm pretty sure i need a new ribbon cable connection the palm rest to the motherboard. however, i reinstalled the original ALPS driver from the SONY website and my computer crashed. now i get a blue screen STOP ERROR screen towards the end of the windows startup. First line on the blue screen is "Unable to load device driver" . the screen is telling me to check any new hardware or software that i recently installed and to remove it. tells me to try SAFE mode.
however, same blue screen happens in SAFE mode. is there a workaround for this so i can get to my desktop and uninstall this driver? right now, i'm stuck with the blue screen of death on every startup.
thanks...

have you tried to boot using the last known good configuration? if it doesn't work, install a fresh OS..if you don't have any important data on your drive..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.