When I boot up to my Windows XP machine the very first message I get is:
Error Loading C:\winnt\jkhhig.dll
The specified module could not be found.
(I then press ok) and continue working.

I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find a resolution for this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I'm asking in the wrong place, go easy on me, I'm a newbie.
Thanks
Cap

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When I boot up to my Windows XP machine the very first message I get is:
Error Loading C:\winnt\jkhhig.dll
The specified module could not be found.
(I then press ok) and continue working.

I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find a resolution for this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I'm asking in the wrong place, go easy on me, I'm a newbie.
Thanks
Cap

hello i suggest running some spyware removal programs 2 to get for free are spybot-search and destroy and ad-aware ,
both can be found a www.filehippo.com

u might want to do a search in the directory shown for the file-make sure hidden files are shown--- then do a search in the registry -if you are comfortable doing so--- for this file. delete any reference.

hi jbarbieri, try to use the registry editor, go to start choose run, type regedit then enter, if the registry editor window will pop up click edit then click find, type the name of that dll that keeps appearing if ever your search is successful delete that particular key..or you may consider opening the msconfig file.. but editing the registry may cause a serious damage to your system..be careful in dealing with the registry...

Hey, wanted to let you know I found it in the registry after all and then rebooted and it never showed up again. Awesome, thanks so much for the help.
Jbarbieri

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.