Hello all!

I am new to this site and I wanted to start by posting my problem. I work for a k-12 scool, and I have 40 new barebones systems. I recieved these from cyberpowerpc.com and I cannot load any OS, or mainboard drivers. We have a standard cd-rom drive, sata hard drive, and I am trying to load win xp pro. I have set up in bios the cdrom as the first boot drive, followed by the hard drive. After saving and exiting bios, I get the dreaded error, "Disk Boot Failure, instert system disk and press enter." I tried the "use optimized defaults" option, and the "load fail safe" options, and the same error hits. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cguan_77

A quick update......

I flashed the bios, now I can start the OS download, but I get stuck at 20% or 0% when it formats the new drive.. Any of you have any ideas on this one??

hi, you should have not flashed the bios, try to check first if your cd-rom drive is working properly..it can be detected by the bios..but it may not be able to read the disc inside..that's why it will display Boot Failure..

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.