Member Avatar

:'( Whenever I try to play a windows media player file off the internet it says it could not find it, even though I KNOW the link is working. any suggestions? anyone know how to uninstall media player?!?! ??? thanks. email me at <<edited out (due to remorse, becuase he would have been spamed by someone)>>

Recommended Answers

In control panel, goto add/remove programs.
Click windows setup
find Windows Media Player and uncheck it
keep hitting next till the wizard finishes :-)

(to reinstall it, go back there, and check it)

Jump to Post

Tekmaven, if you removed Mark's email address, how do you expect anyone to be able to contact him? There was a reason he posted it!

From now on, only edit posts which violate our terms of service. Thanks!

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

In control panel, goto add/remove programs.
Click windows setup
find Windows Media Player and uncheck it
keep hitting next till the wizard finishes :-)

(to reinstall it, go back there, and check it)

Tekmaven, if you removed Mark's email address, how do you expect anyone to be able to contact him? There was a reason he posted it!

From now on, only edit posts which violate our terms of service. Thanks!

the problem in windows media player is commen,i think some error had occeared,dut u can solve this problem with out uninstalling media player by installing a new mediaplayer version so that new files of mediaplayer will replace old once and replace deleted file also

i accept u r idea but there is no need to untick previous ,other than that u can do reinstallation by a new version of windows media player -8,9,11,so it replaces all old files of mediaplayer,so that the problem will be solved

Hi, I'm so sorry to do this - but HOW do I start my own thread??!! I'm desparate......

Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.