I'm just trying to track down my sudden unexplained CPU usage. I started using "Process Explorer" and notice that when I'm having my CPU issues, that "Hardware Interrupts" are taking around 40-50% of my CPU.

For instance, when I burn cd/dvd's, they take much much longer then they used to, and I notice the buffers aren't always full like they used to be. When burning through Nero, "Hardware Interrupts" are always around 40-50%CPU, while Nero itself only takes up .25-.50%CPU.

I don't know much about Hardware Interrupts, but I have a feeling that they might be the reason to my performance issues.

I'm also looking in the Event Viewer for system in the AdministratorTools and I see that the night that the problems started there are multiple warnings for "disk" and errors for "atapi".

I don't know what to do with this information, but I'm sure its all connected

Ideas? Thanks

Attachments Event_viewer.jpg 265.08 KB Process.jpg 250.51 KB TaskManager_Small.jpg 83.86 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mgray1982

Thanks for the help....but F*** I just did a repair install of windows....seemed to fix......but

Now I just gotta get all the updates to install, they download, but not install.....F****......if its not one thing its something else......just imagine the day when Bill Gates is in jail and everyone from the future laughs at what we used to call "Computers"

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.