Hi,
I was wondering whether in Vista, whether there is a feature to clean up the unused icons on desktop which is present in XP.
If anyone knows please let me know.
Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I'm pretty sure that if you don't use icons on your desktop for a certain period of time, Vista will kick in and tell you that you need to clean it up.

I'm pretty sure that if you don't use icons on your desktop for a certain period of time, Vista will kick in and tell you that you need to clean it up.

But, Can we do it manually, just like we were doing it in XP?

yes u can........

sorry i had to do this twice, i am in a call center and i got a call ,,,,,,,,,ok tyr these steps
Click on the Start menu and proceed to the Control Panel. From there, click Appearance and Themes under Pick a category Click on Display on the Pick a Control Panel icon.
On the Display Properties dialog box, click on the Desktop tab and then the Customize Desktop. With this action, the Desktop Items dialog box will appear. In the Desktop cleanup, you will see Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days check box. Clear the check mark by clicking on the box if you don't want that option. Start the Desktop Cleanup by clicking on Clean Desktop Now.

i hope this will help i think thats everything though, had to rush again, let me know how thios work out

i didn't get what u have said.. thatz for XP as per as i know...
In Vista I only see monitor/display settings on clicking display properties...!!

It was removed in Windows Vista according to wikianswers.com

Pretty retarded if you ask me...

Really is that true ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.