I've been to every single search engine trying to find out if there is a way to password protect internet explorer so users are required to put a username and password before using internet explorer. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

what your asking for is a little complicated because then you would have to password protect the entire install of IE, your best bet would be alike a net nanny and just set it to block all site, and then you have a password and such that gets around the block.

In Control Panel, open Internet Options.
On the Content tab, Under Content Advisor, click Enable.
If you've already turned on Content Advisor, click Settings, and then type the supervisor password.

Click a category in the list, and then move the slider to set the limits you want to use.
Repeat this process for each category you want to limit, and then click OK.
If a supervisor password has not already been set up for your computer, you are prompted to create one.

Try this it might help. For more instructions if needed contact me at tmcinerney92@yahoo.com

Ok, thanks you guys. I'll give some of these a try. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.