hi, i need help with a computer not the one i am on but another, i press power button , computer then does the hardware check then a screen comes up saying missing or corrupt file \windows\system32\config or something similar, then a promt comes up saying at the first screen press r for repair then i press r and computer restarts and the whole pattern starts again, any ideas please

sean

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You may need to use the windows CD that came with the computer to reinstall the corrrupt/missing file...please proved the spec details about you computer and how long after you had the computer did the problem arise?

AMD duron Processor 1000MHz,
256 ram
40gb,
XP pro,
sorry thats all i know recently over last 2 weeks it started, i have tried to re intall but i have lost the original disk, so i used one i copied from the original, but itisnt working, i dont mind loosing all data as its not important please help

did u get a set of restore cd with the computer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.