Hey everyone... could someone tell me why this isn't working? I get "The specified path could not be found." when I run it.

@echo off
REM###########################################################################

REM Author: Caleb
REM Date: 11-14-2007
REM Contact: -

REM Description: This .bat file is to copy necessary .cui, .mnl, and .mnr files from Autodesk 2007 to the REM @REM   Autodesk 2008 support folder

REM############################################################################

echo Copying Autodesk 2007 .cui files to Autodesk 2008 Support directory...
copy "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2007\enu\Support\*.cui" "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2008\enu\Support"
pause

echo Copying Autodesk 2007 .mnl files to Autodesk 2008 Support directory...
copy "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2007\enu\Support\*.mnl" "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2008\enu\Support"
pause

echo Copying Autodesk 2007 .mnr files to Autodesk 2008 Support directory...
copy "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2007\enu\Support\*.mnr" "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2008\enu\Support"
pause
Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Duki

From what I can see:

1/
remove the double quote marks

2/
For %USERNAME% substitute the actual name in the path and make sure the destination directory (with the same substitution) is present.

Hm, the double quotes are needed because the path has spaces. The directory is there; it works with the username.

thanks.

fixed it. Since it's a domain computer I needed to do %username%.domain

thanks for trying to help!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.