I get this message "Windows/System32/Config/System file missing or corrupt" when I try to boot into XP Pro. I tried to use the windows CD to get into the repair console but I get a BSOD error that says Registry_Error. I get the same message when I tried to reformat. I cannot boot into safe mode, last known good config, or regular boot up. Thanks in advance for all the help, it means a lot.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Do you have a floppy (3.5) boot disk?

I get this message "Windows/System32/Config/System file missing or corrupt" when I try to boot into XP Pro. I tried to use the windows CD to get into the repair console but I get a BSOD error that says Registry_Error. I get the same message when I tried to reformat. I cannot boot into safe mode, last known good config, or regular boot up. Thanks in advance for all the help, it means a lot.

turn off the bios virus scan., how is the cd drive connected to the mobo, did u try to format with the cd?

No i don't have a boot floppy

turn off the bios virus scan., how is the cd drive connected to the mobo, did u try to format with the cd?

How do i turn off bios virus scan? CD Drive is Secodary Slave. I tried to reformat with CD but i get a BSOD that says Registry_Error

I would also like to add that this error occured right after I finished hooking up my new Viewsonic VX922 LCD Monitor, which did not work either. (Power, but no video) I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

How do i turn off bios virus scan? CD Drive is Secodary Slave. I tried to reformat with CD but i get a BSOD that says Registry_Error

when your pc is posting you have an option to press either DEL, F1, or F11 to enter setup, press that key then look through the bios for any option to scan boot sector. disable that. I would ale put the CD on the Secondary MASTER and the HDD on the primary MASTER (setting both to master Single) Until you completed the install.

when your pc is posting you have an option to press either DEL, F1, or F11 to enter setup, press that key then look through the bios for any option to scan boot sector. disable that. I would ale put the CD on the Secondary MASTER and the HDD on the primary MASTER (setting both to master Single) Until you completed the install.

What do you mean by ale? To make CD secondary master and HDD primary master will I have to change any jumpers, or just change IDE cables? Also what do you mean when you say (set both to master Single)? Sorry I am not as good with computers as I would like to be. Thanks for all your help thus far.

What do you mean by ale? To make CD secondary master and HDD primary master will I have to change any jumpers, or just change IDE cables? Also what do you mean when you say (set both to master Single)? Sorry I am not as good with computers as I would like to be. Thanks for all your help thus far.

red is typo,

master single would be each drive is the only one on the cable some HDD have the option to set the jumpers to MASTER, MASTER WITH SLAVE, SINGLE, look on the HDD casing it will show you the different jumper settings.

hai
i think i already mailed to some problems in win xp home edition, ok for now start up your computer and enter in to system settings and change the boot sequence into cd romm, ide 0,ide 1,like that and then restart while starting you can use a bootable cd of winxp for safe booting and you can reinstall winxp again
tanku

red is typo,

master single would be each drive is the only one on the cable some HDD have the option to set the jumpers to MASTER, MASTER WITH SLAVE, SINGLE, look on the HDD casing it will show you the different jumper settings.

So I put the CD and HDD on separate IDE cables? HDD on primary cable set as single, and the CD on secondary cable, and there isn't any jumpers or anything for CD is there?

yes each should be on seperate cable. there is, if u look at the back there are jumper settings for the cd dive maybe master is with no jumber attached, same can apply to the HDD

yes each should be on seperate cable. there is, if u look at the back there are jumper settings for the cd dive maybe master is with no jumber attached, same can apply to the HDD

I do not have P1 or P2 power cables, and I thought those were for primary devices. I only have the one IDE cable that is attatched both to the hard drive and CD. I cannot find a separate IDE and/or Power cord so I can make one primary master and one secondary master.

set the HDD to master with slave and set the CD to slave. this config would be on the Primary IDE cable.

set the HDD to master with slave and set the CD to slave. this config would be on the Primary IDE cable.

I think i got it hooked up correctly now what do i do?

try booting with the cd and do you installation.

ensure the cd is set as the first boot option in the bios.

try booting with the cd and do you installation.

ensure the cd is set as the first boot option in the bios.

I still get the same blue screen of death error that says Registry_Error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.