Can somebody point me in the right direction? I can't instal any programs on my Sony Vaio- when I try, I get a prompt that says "Starting Install Wizard" that just hangs and doesn't do anything.

I tried installing the new install wizard, but it hangs when it tries to start the install wizard (talk about a catch 22!)

How can I troubleshoot this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This might help windows has this silly thing which you can turn on and off called DEP or data execution prevention meaning that nothing can be installed when this option is on. To check this go into system on control pannel or right click on my computer then properties then under the Advanced tab click on performance then the third tab is data execution prevention make sure that it is only selected for windows programs and services and not all programs pm me back if this dosnt help

commented: I'll try it now, thanks for the help! +2

Hey Chris, thanks for lending a hand here. I really appreciate it- I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. I think the problem is with the installer. I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks man!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.