Ok, so here's my problem. Domain name A is set up to be an alias redirect to domain B. If I browse to Domain A it redirects, but the URL in the address bar changes to that of domain B. Is there a way to keep domain A in the address bar but still have it redirect (Note: I cannot just point the Domain A to the server because the IP address is dynamic; Domain B (which points to the server) is hosted with a Dynamic DNS provider.

I just come to thinm, if you are using apache/php and have module rewrite active, then you could possibly use a rewrite rule. I am not really very good at writing rewrite rules, so please ask someone else to help you out there.

I just come to thinm, if you are using apache/php and have module rewrite active, then you could possibly use a rewrite rule. I am not really very good at writing rewrite rules, so please ask someone else to help you out there.

Thanks! I thought mod_rewrite did something like this, the Apache manual can get pretty vague.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.