I have a wired/wireless network. laptops are wireless but the 2 desktops are hardwired. I have a router. All of a sudden I lose the network connection for about a second. You don't notice it when you're online browsing and such, but you sure notice it when you're online gaming (get booted out of the game). Any ideas as to why all of a sudden I'm losing the connection?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a wired/wireless network. laptops are wireless but the 2 desktops are hardwired. I have a router. All of a sudden I lose the network connection for about a second. You don't notice it when you're online browsing and such, but you sure notice it when you're online gaming (get booted out of the game). Any ideas as to why all of a sudden I'm losing the connection?

Thanks

Are you losing it on the wireless machine? I lose my signal all the time for a second (on my wireless laptop). Cordless phones are the main culprit by the way, but other interferences can cause this too. It you're losing it on your wired comps, then your router could be overloaded (loss in bandwidth)

peace

what type of router are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.