So everything was working fine up until yesterday when verizon had an outage in my area. Afterwards, I could connect to the internet using my modem, but not through the router.

I am using a linksys wrt54gx2 srx200 wireless router and have verizon dsl. I can access the internet by using the modem directly through an ethernet cable, but when I connect the modem to the router The internet is not available. I can however still connect to the router either wirelessly or through a wired connection, but the internet just doesn't work. Anyone know of any suggestions? Also, sorry ahead of time, not very tech savvy. Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Probably got short in the outage. Were you using it during the time the outage happened?

Yea I was using it, but I don't think it got shorted because I can still connect to my router, its just that I can't access the internet.

well a short can happen anywhere on the board. So I guess your DSL chip is fried.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.