Hi There
I just got adsl installed in my new home and have never set it up before, i obviously now need to get a router, and i would like to know from the daniweb community which ones they can recommend...

-I need it's coverage to accommodate a 300m^2 house.
-Running on 300mbps data transfer.
-and it should be able to carry on downloading even when the pc is off(i'm assuming through an external HD plugged into the router via usb).

So anyone who has a router that conforms to the above spec let me know your make and model??

Thanks. :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You can try 802.11n router.

make and model??

I hate to be that guy.

Asus RT-N56U Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless-N Router or Linksys E3200 High Performance Dual-Band N Router

yes an 802.11n router will help a lot, also you can use an antenna extender to extend the router signal beyond the 200 metres of distance, because all WiFi signal only reaches the 200 metres, also try to put a different firmware on it to gain more control over the router instead the factory given.

-and it should be able to carry on downloading even when the pc is off(i'm assuming through an external HD plugged into the router via usb).

no one addressed this yet ,and not sure i have the correct answer ,but i have never seen a usb plug on a router ,but i just googled a storage wireless router and found this .http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=695

commented: Yes... +10

You can try 802.11n router.

unreleated to this post, sort-of ,why are you always adding to my reputation ,it is meant for OP to use and say thanks for solving there problems, not for willie nillie comments ,thanks and sorry for posting here ,but i don't have PM enabled

Actually not necessary, anyone can give up reps to any poster if the post is good. An example of 802.11 n router is what i stated above. " Asus RT-N56U Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless-N Router or Linksys E3200 High Performance Dual-Band N Router "
That is what the OP wants.

802.11 n router is a Good Choice, Model : Cisco, Dlink

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.