I've got a Sony Vaio laptop (FS285B) with build-in WiFi (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG).
I seem to have good Wireless Network connection in my area (insecure and open access) and I when I press connect, I can get a good connection.
But when I open Explorer or Firefox, it says it cannot find the connection, as if there's no communication between the WiFi and the browser...
I normally connect through a USB ADSL and my phoneline and that's without any problems..

Do I need to tick a box or something??

I've read other threads about this problem regarding "illegal" access to local networks, but my problems is more when I try connecting in the airport, or other Wireless connection points, where I would be happy to pay it, but still no i cannot get the initial connection...

For the ie5 and above. U go to Tools>>click at Internet Option>>Connection. Set the Internet connection that u using.I think it might be work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.