hello all, i'm sharing my internet connection througth my wifi adapter using ralink software

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/9404975611.jpg

my android phone(htc) is stuck at obtaining ip adress, i tried manual input i adress but not working .

ip : 192.168.1.x
gateway : 192.168.1.1
dns 1 : 8.8.4.4
dns 2 : 4.4.4.4

-------

as you can see my computer ip is :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

but the accesss point is saying : ip adress 192.168.23.1

can you please help me ? thank's

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

note : when i manual input the config to the phone , it says connected but there is no internet on the phone ( and i'm checking internet sharing in the adapter)

Get off the phone. Use a laptop/Pc and check your IP settings and the gateway to make sure there are no errors there. On the pc check IP with ipconfig /all and on a mac with ifconfig. Make note of the subnet mask, I suspect your mask is 255.255.0.0 and not 255.255.255.0

Hi CimmerianX
here is the result :
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
i just want the settings that work properly on the phone

any suggestions guys ?

Try rebooting your router or changing your router's IP. And then forget the network on your Android device and reconnect to the network.

hi ripster, thank's for your replay, i solved the problem by using usb reverse tethering software, i also deainstalled ralink drivers and it's working, no more ip adress issues.
thank's all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.