hi guys,

just received new netgear dg834g from aol, aol dont tell you the ip address of the router, as they want you to use their software to install it, however does anyone here know the ip address to setup the netgear dg834g, would be very greatfull - cheers guys

darren

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Hey Darren,
If your computer is hooked up to the router go to start->run-> type "CMD" and press enter. The type in ipconfig the default gateway will be the IP address to your router, which is usually 192.168.1.1. To access your router browse to http://192.168.1.1 or replace the 192… with whatever the default gateway is.

AJZ

Here is a link to possible default passwords for your netgear if you don't have it. http://cirt.net/cgi-bin/passwd.pl?method=showven&ven=Netgear

AJZ

cheers mate, owe you one, but its says it needs to be configured over telnet?

4. NetgearProductDG834GVersionMethodtelnetUser ID(none)PasswordzebraLevelAdministratorNotes

Doh I didn't look close enough at that page the top few looked right can't win them all right :cheesy: .... I just looked up your router on Netgears website (I know this one will be correct) the username is "admin" and the default password is "password". Here is a link to the manuals if needed http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/default.asp?question_box=dg834g&collections=kb_file%2Cdatasheets&ui_mode=question&collection_restriction=docs.

AJZ

nice one mate!!! found out the ip off of the link you sent, 192.168.0.1 , and of course `admin` and `password`. owe you one!

darren

hi all
i need help my isp has NETGEAR DG834G router and i dont have password or username and i tried all default passwords and failed .
the problem is this word always appears to me (THIS SITE IS BLOCKED BY NETGEAR FIREWALL).which is a very silly something . is there any solution for that thing?
thanks

i have a problem
my isp has NETGEAR DG834G router and always this message appears to me website blocked by netgear firewall and i dont have the pasword or username and i tried all the defaults and failed
any one could help?
is there any solution?
thanks

Hey Sali1981,
Your only solution is to reset your firewall to the default factory settings so you can log in to make changes to your firewall, the steps to do so are below:

1. Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
  2. Release the button.
  3. Wait for the router to reboot.
  4. Log in with the default password.

If the router was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.

1. Unplug the router's power.
  2. Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
  3. Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
  4. Wait for the router to reboot.
  5. Log in with the default password. The default username is admin and the password is either password, 1234, or admin.

Hope this helps,
AJZ

the problem is i havenot the router , the router the router is at my isp. So i cannot reset the router is there any other solution
thanks
during writing this thread when i press on submit reply thefollowing messag appears to me WEBSITE BLOCKED BY NETGEAR FIREWALL this is the cause that i wrote the message help twice iam sorry
thanks

Is this a company network? Who is your ISP?How do you know the model number of router/firewall if it belongs to your ISP?

yes it is a company network .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.