Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm having trouble with this project I'm trying to get working. Here's the break down.

Server:

NOS: Windows 2000 Server
2 NICs
DHCP
DNS
AD installed

The problem i'm having is this. When I hook the 8 port hub up to the server, and try and hook the laptop up to it, it will not surf the internet. I even made the first nic a dynamic and use that ip address as the gateway for the 2 NIC card. STILL no connectivity. I have the LAN connection connected to a wireless router, and DHCP on the router is enabled. The type of wireless router i'm using is a NetGear wireless router. Any advise?? I've searched google, and still nothing.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is this your setup?

internet ---------> modem------->wireless router------->windows server------->hub.

I would connect the modem directly to the server. Then I would connect the router to the server and the hub to that router.

Is this your setup?

internet ---------> modem------->wireless router------->windows server------->hub.

I would connect the modem directly to the server. Then I would connect the router to the server and the hub to that router.

thats what I thought after i posted this..but in win2k im very new at AD, DHCP,DNS etc etc, i'm not sure what scope i need to use, or how to set it up to let the workstations or nodes connect through the internet through the hub. I know what's preventing me is software related.

bump need help still

Can you do anything on the network though? anything at all?
Have you tried surfing with different browsers? Your browser might be broken.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.