I am considering purchasing a Clover IP addressable DVR which can serve 4 video security cameras. It is supposed to be accessible over the internet. I'm trying to set this up so I can monitor the property of my elderly parents over the web. The box is not quite clear on this and I don't really want to purchase it without knowing.

This device is a CDR4010 from Clover electronics.

My question is, if I have cable broadband access will it work? Or will I have to consider something else? The cable company is Brighthouse networks and I believe it is a static ip address, unlike the one I have which is dynamic from Charter.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

John:?:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My question is, if I have cable broadband access will it work? Or will I have to consider something else? The cable company is Brighthouse networks and I believe it is a static ip address, unlike the one I have which is dynamic from Charter.

That should work easily. A static IP address is perfect, cable broadband is totally fine, and should be no problem setting up. You might just want to check up on your broadband's upload bandwidth, though, just to make sure... (anything above 100 kb/s will be satisfactory)

thanks Joe. I appreciate it!

That should work easily. A static IP address is perfect, cable broadband is totally fine, and should be no problem setting up. You might just want to check up on your broadband's upload bandwidth, though, just to make sure... (anything above 100 kb/s will be satisfactory)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.