amcgrrl 0 Newbie Poster

I have 2 desktop PCs wired to the Netgear wireless router and 1 laptop on the wireless network. It is a basic setup and I was using the wireless connection unprotected for about a year, until I realized it was very, very slow in the evenings and started suspecting my unknown neighbors of "borrowing" my internet connection. So I followed the Netgear instructions, changed the generic "NETGEAR" SSID to one I made up and enabled WEP with 128-bit encrypted key. Everything appeared to be working OK, except that the connection would waver every now and then, go on and off. After a few tweaks, I was able to connect to the entire network and share printers and file/folders on the other PCs from my laptop. HOWEVER, I am now unable to upload photos to any site! The connectivity constantly gets interrupted, disconnects in midstream and reconnects itself. Surfing and emailing is fine, all else is fine.

Anyone else have this problem?? Anyone have a solution to offer or know anything about this issue???!? I've spent a good portion of Christmas Day dealing with this problem, trying to get my 2-year-old daughter's photos for faraway family to see and would REALLY APPRECIATE if someone could help me figure this out!! Otherwise, I will have to transfer all the photos to my desktop PCs, which are not XP but 2000, are very old and have a host of other problems, which I can't figure out either.... Thank you!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.