Can I install hardcore computer games on a flash drive without installing on my computer?
So can I install hardcore computer games on a flash drive without installing the games on my computer? I would like to play games such as Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 The Sith Lords, Halo, Star Craft and some others? Can someone PLEASE help me?

Yes you can. I installed WoW, Crysis, and various other games onto my 160GB WD flash drive and they all play smoothly. Note that in some cases you must install the game through your computer onto your flash drive, and it won't be portable (i.e. you can't unplug and go to another persons computer). That part shouldn't be a problem though because that is generally the case for programs like Visual Studio, Photoshop, etc.

In a nut shell, YES you can install to your flash drive and play the games from there. (Note: performance may decrease slightly)

Yes you can. I installed WoW, Crysis, and various other games onto my 160GB WD flash drive and they all play smoothly. Note that in some cases you must install the game through your computer onto your flash drive, and it won't be portable (i.e. you can't unplug and go to another persons computer). That part shouldn't be a problem though because that is generally the case for programs like Visual Studio, Photoshop, etc.

In a nut shell, YES you can install to your flash drive and play the games from there. (Note: performance may decrease slightly)

As above, from a good solid state flash drive it shouldn't be an issue, a usb "key"/dongle style flash drive is probably going to be a big fat no as you wont get the transfer rate required by the game..

It does pose the question to me though - why didn't you just try it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.