I have a lawyer website that supposedly has a link from lawyers.com. How do I find out if the link on lawyers.com exists?

Is there a way to check the source code and figure this out?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Yes, just open google.com
and type link:yourdomain.com, You will see all the backlinks. Still if it didn't show go that site where you have done linkexchange. Check the source code of it and find your site URL. but, make sure it don't have "rel="nofollow" attribute before your url. If it has the attribute then the link is of no use for you. It can't be consider as a backlink.

Maybe you can use:site:lawyers.com your domain to check it.

Doing site:lawyers.com will not show you the backlinks, but the pages of your site only.

Yes, just open google.com
and type link:yourdomain.com, You will see all the backlinks. Still if it didn't show go that site where you have done linkexchange. Check the source code of it and find your site URL. but, make sure it don't have "rel="nofollow" attribute before your url. If it has the attribute then the link is of no use for you. It can't be consider as a backlink.

I'm quite sure the Google will hide the large amount of your back links.
If you would like explore your all back links AltaVista is your friend ;)

I am sure you will get all the backlinks in google. I have just checked a website backlinks in google and altavista. The google has shown me about 50 pages and altavista has shown me only 20 pages.
Or you can find in yahoo by same method link:yourdomain.com

Along with using "link:yourdomain.com " in google and yahoo, you can also check Yahoo site explorer. It will diplay the backlinks to your website.

I am sure you will get all the backlinks in google. I have just checked a website backlinks in google and altavista. The google has shown me about 50 pages and altavista has shown me only 20 pages.
Or you can find in yahoo by same method link:yourdomain.com

"I have just checked a website backlinks in google and altavista. The google has shown me about 50 pages and altavista has shown me only 20 pages." Really? Please share with us the website what you checked, I'm so skeptic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.