SEO is about making your website search engine friendly. Below is the list of top mistakes people tend to make while optimizing a site.
1) Choosing wrong keywords for your website.
2) Long Lenth of title, description and Keywords.
3) Duplicate Content.
4) Nesting of tables.
5) Use of Frames
6) Use of Excessive flash.
7) Use of Java Script.
8) Making Unrelevent links.
9) Exceesive Use of keywords in content
10) Exceesive anchor text links.
11) Don’t Update Sitemap Regularlly.
12) Don’t adding fresh Content to your website.
13) Use of Black hat Technologies.
14) 301 Redirect to domain names and broken links.
15) W3c validation for your website.
16) Domain name not search engine friendlly
17) Don’t have Proper use of keywords in the alt image.
18) Cut the bigger images into small parts.
19) Lack of Clear navigation
20) Poorly designed websites.
Hope you will never make these mistakes in your website and enjoy top ten ranking for your website.

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Hey Mak - nice post! I agree with most of these but I'm not really sure about these...

7) Use of Java Script.

... and poor spelling.

Hey Mak - nice post! I agree with most of these but I'm not really sure about these...

I have to a agree with Jay on #'s 7 & 15. Could you elaborate?

#18 is about image maps, can you elaborate why that is bad?

... and poor spelling.

Totally missed that one...Good one Fred.

This post will rank high for "comman seo mistake" , but very few people makes a mistake in spelling common :D.

SEO is about making your website search engine friendly. Below is the list of top mistakes people tend to make while optimizing a site.
1) Choosing wrong keywords for your website.
2) Long Lenth of title, description and Keywords.
3) Duplicate Content.
4) Nesting of tables.
5) Use of Frames
6) Use of Excessive flash.
7) Use of Java Script.
8) Making Unrelevent links.
9) Exceesive Use of keywords in content
10) Exceesive anchor text links.
12) Don’t adding fresh Content to your website.
13) Use of Black hat Technologies.
14) 301 Redirect to domain names and broken links.
17) Don’t have Proper use of keywords in the alt image.
18) Cut the bigger images into small parts.
19) Lack of Clear navigation
20) Poorly designed websites.
Hope you will never make these mistakes in your website and enjoy top ten ranking for your website.

Think so that you have noted good points.

This post will rank high for "comman seo mistake" , but very few people makes a mistake in spelling common :D.

... thanks, poor grammar is another one.

Thanks for your input but I could not totally agree on some points like 7, 8 and some others.
I think the new 'Lab' feature inside your Google webmaster center would help you in this purpose. :)

Have a nice day,

do i have to update my sitemap regularly? if that so, i made mistake number 11.

Hi,

Thansk for the post, very informative, However can you elaborate point 5 and 7.

regards,
Ann

* out of subject link exchange
* re submission into search engines

* out of subject link exchange
* re submission into search engines

I agree - irrelevant link exchanging is a common SEO mistake. And yes - if optimized properly, you do Not need to submit your site(s) directly to search engines.

Nice sharing of your knowledge..but I have not clear about some SEO mistakes which you have mentioned above specially 7,8,10 and 15 ..Hope to get good fruit full reply thanks

Excellent article. I think every person should read this article to know the common mistakes made by them.

I am agree with the poor web design. One of the factor that increase the visitors and traffic to your website is how your website looks like.

You can check the designs and portfolio of <snip>.

If you can use black hat seo in the right way, then your site will be safe, I have many sites that i use black hat seo tech, and they all rank well.

If you can use black hat seo in the right way, then your site will be safe, I have many sites that i use black hat seo tech, and they all rank well.

That's outrageous.

I looked at your stuff and have been reading your short comments. You are far from being black hat. Black hats don't brag about being that way. It's a silly marketing ploy. You advocate grey hat techniques, that may or may not work and don't stand a chance at lasting rankings.

That's outrageous.

I looked at your stuff and have been reading your short comments. You are far from being black hat. Blaqck hats don't brag about being that way. It's a silly marketing ploy. You advocate grey hat techniques, that may or may not work and don't stand a chance at lasting rankings.

I was curious to see what the bulk of the posts by someone who uses a screen name like BlackHatSeo would be like. After reading Fred's analysis of what you post and it seems he has nailed it right on the head. How about contributing some real, honest content rather than trying to generate business by acting like you are some sort of SEO rebel?

It’s a true in larger organization and then how it works. It can be easily to make decision from an seo perspective, to avoid most common mistakes

Duplicate Content Pages
Poor anchor text in internal pages
Presents of canonical issues
Non standard title elements
Un friendly for Crawler

The biggest single mistake is not having the right keywords to work with, that is why you should give more time to do keyword research.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.