Hi everyone,
I want to know that how many back links can be sufficient for increase my site PR. Now my site have 2 PR and I want to move my site PR from 2 to 4 in next google PR update. I am also doing work on On-page and Off-page seo techniques.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hi everyone,
I want to know that how many back links can be sufficient for increase my site PR. Now my site have 2 PR and I want to move my site PR from 2 to 4 in next google PR update. I am also doing work on On-page and Off-page seo techniques.

Thanks in advance

Actually, you don't need any backlinks (that's when Google indicates 0 backlinks, Yahoo on the other hand will likely indicate some links it has found and the MSNbot gone mad wingding Bing does whatever it does) at all to have a web page assigned a PR4 value. On-site optimization and internal linking structure is sufficient to achieve this on its own (note: now of course it's nice to compliment normal business web sites with a corporate "external" blog; not for the so much for the purpose of feeding hyperpowered links back to the mother site but also as a source of credible and relevant content; any off-site element of your web presentation essentially should become an extension of the mother site. One should enforce the other. In taking control of your own off-site actrivities initially (and letting later off-site influences to determine themselves naturally) your off-site ranking factors are your on-site ranking factors elsewhere.

In cases when a PR4 value is assigned without any real external off-site influences indicates that the search engine is impressed with the package show of force and particularly impressed with the webpages. The whole shebang is well on its way, with its self-evolving resources; on its way to high happy long-lasting SERP (search engine results pages) status; remember, particularly when any off-site influences are occuring naturally.

Quality dofollow backlinks can help you. You can get PR link juice from that.

In my own experiences, original and fresh on page contents plus enough quality backlinks would lead to a nice PR. Generally speaking, getting a PR 4 would need above 10,000 backlinks. :)

Have a nice day,

People worry too much about quantity when they should be concentrating on quality. Do not focus on the number of links you should have but rather where the links are originating from. Ensure the sites are dofollow sites, with a lot of quality information, and maybe even a higher PR.

Finally, PR is something else people worry too much about. It does not guarantee traffic. You are better off dedicating valuable time to increasing your SERPs.

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions!
Your provided information and suggestion will be really beneficial for my learning experience.

Of course, backlinks are very important. But it doesn't guarantee that having many backlinks with your sites, and your sites have high pr. This is wrong, your sites must have relevant content also.

It depends. You can have as many as you can. The more the better. Just make sure not to use black hat seo. You can try to get backlinks from sites in your niche

hello,
Its' not how many back-links should be there, what matter most is whether your website link is on high PR page. Say if you have 100 back-links in low PR pages and 40 on high PR pages, then those 40 back-links will have more wight than 100 back-links.

It is not just the number of backlinks that matters. Links from pages with high PR will transfer more PR to your site.

Well, it cannot be predicated as far as Google's algorithm is secret. But you have to get more DOFOLLOW, niche related backlinks, specially from the web pages which has good PR. Those backlinks will help you to get more PR.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.