Well looks like Google (the company whose corporate motto is "Do no evil") was implicated by the Snowden leak as vastly co-operating with other Internet companies and the American government to find and collect as much international private data as possible about as many foreigners as posiible. Things like telephone calls made, emails sent and recieved, social network activities, web searches and subsequent web page visits ...).

My question is about money. How much money was Google paid to spy on us for the Americans. Surely this incredibly heartless corporation did not barder our private lives out of the goodness of its heart. This spying by Google goes way back too, long before they captured all our home network passwords with their Google maps mobile, long before they introduced "personalised" search to tack search history, videos watched, web pages visits ... bad Google. This is only the tip of the iceberg. The implications about Google's obvious breach of public trust and even more damaging revelations about the search engine's covert activities will surely follow.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey Fred, would you happen to have a link to the news source handy?

Here's a better article from Canadian news perspective "... An internet scouring program, code-named PRISM, allows the NSA and FBI to tap directly into the servers of major U.S. Internet companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and AOL ..." http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/06/09/nsa-leak-guardian.html Why the Canadian governement is now trusting google with more sensitive data is beyond me, (recently allowing the corporate spies to bring their equipment into our parliament buildings to "take pictures"). Maybe I'm ranting a bit but Google's got to go. It's got no business in the forreign spy trade. It's a frieking search engine.

Really informative one..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.