HI all, I have a question about changing the colour of visited link with a:visited{}: it doestn' seem to work the way I thought it would, or, more likely I am doing something wrong.
I have this situation:

.box1 a:link{
    color:#ac2973;
    text-decoration:none;
}
.box1 a:visited{
    color:#6bb8c0;
}
.box1 a:hover{
    color:black;
}

But I have more than 1 link in the div. Now, when I click on one of the link, all of them - even those on other divs - change the colour to be #6bb8c0 even if I haven't visited them. Is this normal?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

ah! yes they do, the html is actually the same for all the links at the moment in that it points to #:
...<a href="#" class...
Didn't occur to me that could be the cause. So once I insert the right url it will work correct?
thanks

Once you insert the correct URLs, they color will change once the visitor has visted each particular link from the browser's perspective. Of course, if the user clears their history, the links would have the a:link style applied once again.

ah ok thanks guys. Is that because the target is the same and once a link is clicked effectively the target site become "visited" for all the links? Just trying to find an explanation
thanks

Is that because the target is the same and once a link is clicked effectively the target site become "visited" for all the links?

Correct.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.