Hello
Since my Problem involves my computer shutting down as I am playing an online game (WoW), I was reading how another person sounds to have the same problem as me with that happening.( http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread115506.html ) So is there a website that would tell you how much Cache is on my CPU?

my CPU is
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

thanks

Hi
I went to ebay to find this chip anyways ... would this be good enough to play wow .. (if it isnt the chip its the motherboard)

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Details
Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core
Model 4200+
Ordering P/N (Tray) ADA4200DAA5CD
Ordering P/N (PIB) ADA4200BVBOX
Operating Mode 32/64
Stepping E6
Frequency 2200Mhz
HT Speed 2000
Voltage 1.30V1.35V
Max Temp 49-71°C
Thermal Power 89W
L1 Cache 128KB x2
L2 Cache 1MB
CMOS Technology 90nm SOI
Socket Socket 939

what does L1 Cache and L2 cache mean?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

what does L1 Cache and L2 cache mean?

that is the answer to you question on how much cache your spu has ,l2 being the one that is the best to have more of .
you have enough cpu to play the game ,but there is more to it than cpu ,you also need good video card and lots of ram

take this for knowledge amd never did that with there processors it was intel that did that stuff im thinking l2 2mb cache is a sufficient amount to play most games just dont buy celeron processors for gaming they are not made for it that is a huge amount of advice i can give anyone

*EDIT* download a program called cpuid
it will give you all the information on your cpu
more than necessary in my opinion
*EDIT END*

Your CPU is more than sufficient, your RAM may very well be the issue...post specs. If im not mistaken, the cashe does not really matter except for speed, because your memory will take over when the cashe is filled it is not essential to play any game. Not to say that it doesnt help, it is the fastest form of memory. ~Mav

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.