hi......

i am facing some problem while starting XP.
my XP is automatically rebooting after i click on the link like start windows normaly., or safe mode, or start windows as in last state....etc. But after a few reboots it is then booted.
Whats the problem with my M/C?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Let's stop the automatic restarts first, and then the next time that it has a problem it will post an error. Please copy this error exactly and post it back here.

Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Startup and Recovery. Under startup and Recovery click on Settings, uncheck the box in Automatically restart under System failure.

i had that same thing happen to me on a customers computer and i was stumped for a while because i thought it was a software problem but it turned out that it was a bad hard drive.

im not saying that yours is necessarily a hardware problem but don't rule it out.

hello........

sir i have noted the error.....

The BIOS in the system is not fully ACPI complaint....
***STOP: 0x000000A5(0x00010007,0x0000005D,0x00000000,0x00000000)

can you help me now........

You might try updating your BIOS.
If that doesn't work you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, symply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable acpi and allow you to continue your instillation

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.