Ive been having problems with my cd burner since i got my computer a little while ago. When i start a burn it seems to be doing fine, then the buffer overrun goes to 99% and just sits there. Ive updated all the ASPI drivers, and even replaced the burner. I still get the same problem. Sometimes it makes my computer freeze up. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did u fix it?

The only ideas I can think of are using different cd-r makes, or using different software (if you havn't already) like Nero.

I've used over 4 different cd makes and have used nero, roxio, and clone cd. Nothing seems to work. Im running windows xp and have heard there can be problems with cd burners but i havent heard of any solutions.

I don't like the idea of all those burning programs being used, especially with the updated ASPI drivers (which shouldn't be necessary AFAIK).

Either a serious rollback with system restore or a reinstall of Windows (you can try a repair).

I have reinstalled windows twice. I try to burn a cd, it works once and then stops for any other time I try it. Im at a total loss, i have no idea what to do.