I got this fault, It looks a bit obvious it's a memory fault, but I want to know if anyone has ever had this fault and what causes this fault and would replacing the memory fix the problem??

Cheers

Stevie

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Fault is that like and error,when and where do you get this message !

This error comes up when booting. the message 'SDRam at DIMM # : 1,2' comes up, i cannot restart using ctrl alt del and cannot bye pass this.

I can get into the bias and thats about it. Any ideas??

I can't boot off a floppy to get into dos or anything

I can't boot off a floppy to get into dos or anything

Go into the BIOS and turn off Quick Boot. Perhaps the more verbose mode will give you more information. Try a MemTest86 floppy from http://MemTest86.com

It could also be something as simple as a DIMM being loose in its socket. Gently try to rock the sticks side-to-side in their sockets. If they wiggle at all, unlatch the loose one and try to reinsert it into its socket more securely. This is a not-uncommon problem.

Ive replaced memory and still the same fault. I think the motherboard is stuffed, getting a new one

I got this fault, It looks a bit obvious it's a memory fault, but I want to know if anyone has ever had this fault and what causes this fault and would replacing the memory fix the problem??

Cheers

Stevie

its ur graphix card just had the same problem during a uni project where we had to build a computer and locate faults must admit it took our lecturer about 30 mins with us to figure it out but yea turnd out to be a faulty graphix card

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.