I am slowly growing out of my hard drives on my server. I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2- 160 GB hard drives running in an array. I would like to replace them but I am not sure how I should do this. If I replace one of the drives will data from the other automatically write to the new drive? I am trying to see if there is a way to avoid having to copy all the data and putting it onto the new hard drive.

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sklingb1

Sorry, I thought you were the sysadmin for this rig.

Make a backup, then hire a professional.

I'm not going to describe what to do to someone who can't even figure out "what kind of raid array" they have. That's just begging for a screw-up and data loss.

I am the system admin!

I do have a back up.

I am not sitting infront of the terminal so I cannot figure out which RAID array it is so I thought I might be able to have someone that has access to the terminal right now tell me which it is. I will find out in the morning which it is and post back.

You kind of jumped down my throat there for asking the question. I thought all questions are good questions. I should have been more clear on my question and asked if there is an easy way to instruct someone else to get that information for me.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.