I am slowly growing out of my hard drives on my server. I am running SBS 2003 and I have 2- 160 GB hard drives running in an array. I would like to replace them but I am not sure how I should do this. If I replace one of the drives will data from the other automatically write to the new drive? I am trying to see if there is a way to avoid having to copy all the data and putting it onto the new hard drive.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is there an easy way to tell which RAID array I have?

Sorry, I thought you were the sysadmin for this rig.

Make a backup, then hire a professional.

I'm not going to describe what to do to someone who can't even figure out "what kind of raid array" they have. That's just begging for a screw-up and data loss.

I am the system admin!

I do have a back up.

I am not sitting infront of the terminal so I cannot figure out which RAID array it is so I thought I might be able to have someone that has access to the terminal right now tell me which it is. I will find out in the morning which it is and post back.

You kind of jumped down my throat there for asking the question. I thought all questions are good questions. I should have been more clear on my question and asked if there is an easy way to instruct someone else to get that information for me.

It's a RAID 1 array.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.