If you are plugged into a surge protector or UPS, try plugging it straight into the wall. If killing the power for a few minutes doesn't do the trick, it sounds like a hardware failure. Could be faulty power supply, or mainboard as the first possible culprit. I would suggest getting it looked at by a competent technician.

Same problem with me
CPU starts but power button light blinks and nothing on monitor,no signal.
I tried to pulled out ram there after power button light stop blinking,blowing properly.
Is it Ram issue or Power supply?

So much wrong info here.. The power light flickers when theres not enough power to the motherboard. Its a built in feature of the MB. Had this problem many times when fixing comp problems. Replace the PSU. That fixes the problem!

I did replaced psu and ram
But still problem continued..
don't know what's wrong

Votes + Comments
Only thing wrong is dredging up a 10 year old post. You buried your post.

I have plugged in the AC adapter but the power and battery LED's are flashing at an interval of 5 seconds. I don't know whether it is charging the battery or something else. But the system won't power up. I would be pleased if anyone has the solution for this.

It's a simple fix, you just need to replace the 3 volt battery on the mother board. I had the same problem and I figured it out myself.

Votes + Comments
So 10 years to find this out? Watch out for old posts.

there was Two power lights in my CPU..
one was ReD and the other was green.
today,when I turned my pc on
the red light is okay
but the green one is not working.
and by this,my computer speed has turned slow

I am having the same problem, however when I push and hold either the FN key or the Windows key the screen comes on and it starts to boot. As long as I hold down either one of those keys the computer works, however if I let the key up it up the screen goes off and it shuts down to the power button blinking again. If I push either of the buttons again it boots up again.... what the heck could be causing this?
HP Pavillion

everyone above read this it is important to this issue and could be your solution...
i have had this problem with a computer i've had for years...all of a sudden it won't boot when the green power light is blinking...for a month now but i would wait and sometimes in 5 minutes i would push the power button and it would go on or sometimes hours and this last time was a whole week before the blinking light went to solid green so i could boot...i decided to never take power from the computer so it's always hooked up to ac power...this may be programmed into the motherboard for some reason...so just leave it plugged in...it may take months but when the light stops blinking...your computer will boot as normal and leave it plugged in and it will stay solid green for normal use....good luck but have patience and wait it out till it goes solid green again and it will stay solid green as long as ac power is always connected.

Edited by Reverend Jim: removed all caps

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.