I recently received a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP Professional from my work. The problem is it is setup for my work and it is one of the old computers so we no longer have any of the disks. I have to log in as a former employee and everything is restricted. Our computer guy told me to just restore it, but I have no idea how and every time I call him he charges us. I'm wondering if there is anyway to fix this problem without the Dell restore cd or if there is anyway I can download the cd and burn it onto a disc instead of having to deal with Dell and order a disc. I don't care about any of the files on this computer all I need is it back to the basic Windows setup. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you for your time.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to fix this problem without the Dell restore cd or if there is anyway I can download the cd and burn it onto a disc instead of having to deal with Dell and order a disc. .

i have been successful in install a regular winxp cd , on a dell computers with out dell recovery disk ,had to go to dell to get some drivers after the install .[sound and video]so if there a windows key on the tower ,just borrow winxp pro or home ,what ever the key is for !! if no key you will have to buy a copy of winxp
don't think you'll find Dell recovery cd for download anywhere .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.