Tumbleweedracef 44 Posting Pro in Training

Hey good folks !
I have a picky "E" drive that burns CD-R disc's only when using certain programs.
I have a "D" drive, DVD Rom and I have an "E" drive,DVD burner.
Case #1 If I move a file to my E drive to let use Windows to put it on a disc, the drive tells me that there " is no disc in the drive or the disc is corrupted" when I put in a CD-R disc.
Case #2 If I want to use Roxio Creater Classic, it will burn a CD-R disc with no problem.
Case #3 If I want to use the E drive to burn a DVD, and I use DVD-R , I get the same reply , that " is no disc in the drive or the disc is corrupted". When I use DVD+RW, it works just fine.
CASE #4 I tried to use an ISO burner last nite and when I put in a CD-R disc, it said " is no disc in the drive or the disc is corrupted".
I looked at the properties of the E drive and I have checked the box that says..." enable CD recording on this drive".
How do I get this drive to play CD-R and DVD-R disc's again ? I know it used to because I still have CD-R discs and DVD-R disc's from where I recorded them before.
Something has changed to where I can't record CD-R disc ....HELP ?
Also, when I right click on the E drive and choose to "format" the drive, nothing happends.
All help is greatly appreciated !!!!!! Thanks !