With windows XP

Just had to reinstall windows. Cleaned my friends PC.

But I cannot get online.It's been online before and never taken apart. How can i get drivers ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
if you have no internet access at your friends house, it may be an idea, to take the base unit to yours, simply network it with your home machine and download the drivers required. What drivers are u missing?

I have access online here. With my laptop and PC. Just that PC he gave me won't connect at all. It used to be online. But he gave me cuz it crashed it. But I just installed windows xp on it and it is like brand new. everything works fine on it. Just has some yellow question marks by ethernet and modem in the device manager section.. I really have no clue what drivers it needs. It's an older dell. I just don't know where to start.

But . I have access to internet and a usb which i can transfer etc

But ethernet and modem to start.

Ok.. I would start off by going to dells websites and choosing the pc model and downloading the drivers for the motherboard. If you dont know what motherboard it has download piece of freeware called Everest home edition "google it" will tell u everything u need to know and even where to get the drivers. Also go to http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_8300&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
Change your pc model to yours

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.