I have a machine with Vista HP and Office Pro 2007 installed. Everything seems to be fine except every time I start Excel, Windows Installer kicks in and wants to configure it again. I've uninstalled all I can find that's to do with Office and have done a complete reinstall of Office, but the problem remains. I'm not sure if it originally had a trial version installed, but given it's a HP Pavilion, it probably did. Owner most likely did not uninstall this first. Works 8.5 is also installed.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

have you tried the repair feature within office! open excel then go to help, detect and repair. Also do you have updates turned on for office go to windows updates then click the link enable updates for more products and download all the updates service packs etc

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have tried a repair of the whole of office and SP1 has been applied.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.