I put a CD in the d-drive and the window pops up that tells you that there is no CD in the drive. This happens to all the CD's I have placed in there. When I place the windows XP installion CD in the slot it recognize's it. What could be the problem? It used to work.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I put a CD in the d-drive and the window pops up that tells you that there is no CD in the drive. This happens to all the CD's I have placed in there. When I place the windows XP installion CD in the slot it recognize's it. What could be the problem? It used to work.

thats to weird ,are they original cd or burnt cd

thats to weird ,are they original cd or burnt cd

The xp cd is original but the others all files that were copied onto the cds.

Ok Caperjack, I tried another original CD and it works. So it's the cds that I copied files onto. Is there sometime I can do to have the PC recognize the copied ones?

Ok Caperjack, I tried another original CD and it works. So it's the cds that I copied files onto. Is there sometime I can do to have the PC recognize the copied ones?

is the cdrom an old drive as some old drives will not read burnt cd,
make sure you finalize the cd when burning them,in your burning software look for a check box to finilize cd it comes just before you click ok to burn [so nothing else can be written to them ] it closes the cd so drives can read the files ,i use nero ,i use multi-session [when i use multi i can read file without closing the disk] to add files to cd and when i see it getting full i check to finalize to close cd.

What burning software did you use ,and did you burn them on the computer you are trying to view them on .??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.